Quick And Easy Beef Stir Fry
This Quick and Easy Beef Stir Fry is one of my favorite dinners to throw together. It's loaded with veggies, tender beef, and the easiest sauce ever. No need to order takeout! This recipe will be done faster than the food could get delivered to your door.
- 1 tbsp peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 cups broccoli cut into sall florets
- 1 small red bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp water
Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef sliced, season with salt and stir. Cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occassionally.
Move the beef to one side of the skillet and add the broccoli, bell pepper, carrot, green onion and garlic. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
Stir in the sauce, sesame seeds and ginger, then stir the vegetables together with the beef. Continue cooking, stirring, until the vegetables are tender, 2 more minutes.
Serve over cooked rice or cauliflower rice and garnished with more green onions.
- Freezing: This is such a great recipe for freezing! You can make a big batch of it, and store it in the freezer for an easy homemade dinner on a busy weeknight. This is also a great option for freezing in individual servings and enjoying as a week full of meal prepped lunches. Store in an airtight container up to 3 months.
- You can reheat your stir fry in the microwave, or over medium-low heat in a skillet on the stovetop. If you reheat on the stove, you'll have to keep a close eye on it. Add a splash of water or beef broth if it starts to dry out at all.
- Fridge: Your leftovers will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days. You can store it right over top of the rice or noodles, or you can keep them separate. Refer to the section above for instructions on how to reheat your leftovers.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1106mg | Potassium: 676mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 3960IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg