Marry Me Chicken
Marry Me Chicken - A luscious, flavorful and creamy chicken dish that will make you swoon! This easy recipe requires only a handful of ingredients and one pan, worthy of a marriage proposal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on, about 6
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped, or basil for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
In a large, oven-safe skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper on both sides then add it to the skillet skin side down and sear it for 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Flip and sear the other side for another 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Turn the heat down to a medium and it the same skillet add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then stir in broth, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary with more salt or pepper. Bring to a simmer, then return chicken to skillet, skin-side up.
Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through, 17 to 20 minutes.
Garnish with parsley or basil and serve over rice or with a side of steamed vegetables.
- The chicken is cooked through when juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.
Store leftover chicken in a shallow, airtight container in your fridge for 3-4 days.
Reheat in the microwave or back in a skill until chicken is heated through.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 624mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 607IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 2mg