Baked Mac and Cheese
Baked Mac and Cheese is the epitome of comfort food! Made with a blend of cheeses and baked to perfection with a crispy, crunchy panko topping. This mac and cheese is an easy, creamy, cheesy, flavor-packed dish that everyone will enjoy!
- 10 ounce elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1/3 cup butter unsalted
- 1/3 cup flour all purpose
- 12 ounce evaporated milk 1 can
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups sharp cheddar shredded
- 3 cups provolone shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley freshly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F. Cook the macaroni al dente according to package instructions.
Make the Roux: Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk well to create a roux. Let the roux cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add Ingredients: Add the evaporated milk, while whisking, and continue whisking until the mixture is smooth. While still whisking, slowly pour in the regular milk. Continue to whisk until the sauce is smooth and thickened. This may take a few minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, mustard powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
Incorporate Cheese: Add the cheeses. Stir until they melt and the sauce is creamy and smooth. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed. Add the macaroni and toss well to coat evenly.
Bake & Serve: Mix the topping ingredients together in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the macaroni. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly and browned. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
Calories: 1122kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 72g | Saturated Fat: 45g | Cholesterol: 203mg | Sodium: 1674mg | Potassium: 630mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 2387IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 1438mg | Iron: 3mg