Avocado Tomato Salad
Avocado Tomato Salad is your new favorite fresh summertime salad. Packed full of sweet corn, crunchy cucumber, and rich avocado, this salad is sure to be a crowd pleaser or a simply satisfying meal for one!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 3 avocados ripe, cubed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 English cucumber cut in half then sliced (half moons)
- 1 cup corn kernels from 1 corn on the cob either steamed or grilled, canned corn or frozen corn works as well
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Make dressing: In a small bowl or jar whisk together all the dressing ingredients well.
Assemble salad: In a large serving bowl, combine onion, avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, jalapeño, and cilantro. Gently toss with dressing and serve immediately.
This salad is best eaten right away, if you wait too long then it will allow the avocado to oxidize too much resulting in a brown mushy mess.
If you use enough lemon juice you may be able to prevent your avocado from going brown for a day or two stored in an airtight container in the fridge but I don't recommend freezing this dish.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 388mg | Potassium: 1025mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 745IU | Vitamin C: 42.1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.9mg