Avocado Tomato Salad is your new favorite fresh summertime salad. Packed full of sweet corn, crunchy cucumber, and rich avocado, this salad is sure to be a crowd pleaser or a simply satisfying meal for one!
Avocado Tomato Salad
Simple, bright, fresh, what more could you ask for in a summer salad? I mean in a perfect world I guess you could ask that it also be packed with flavor, super satisfying and maybe even with a bit of heat. Well let me make that dream a reality for you with my perfect for summer avocado tomato salad.
I had some perfectly ripe avocado that I wanted to include in my lunch today, and this heavenly little salad began to call my name. The flavors may seem familiar, they’re similar to what you’d throw in a nice guacamole. But this time I kept the bites whole so that we get lots of crunch in our lunch.
Salad Made Simple
If more salads were as packed full of flavor, texture, and dimension as this one, then maybe I’d consider eating them for every meal. Since we’re using so few ingredients I’m going to urge you all to use the best quality of each that you can find and definitely make sure they’re fresh. Whether you’re eating this dish all on its own or as a healthy side, you’re bound to go back for more.
Ingredients In Avocado Tomato Salads
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Veggies – Cherry tomatoes, avocados, corn, English cucumbers.
- Onion – I like to use red onion for fresh salads like these, its bright acidic flavor is better raw than other varities of onions.
- Pepper – I wanted some heat today, I mean it’s summer time! I diced up my jalapeno nice and small with some of the seeds.
- Herbs – Fresh cilantro is the cherry on top of this whole dish. If dried is all you have on hand keep in mind that 1 teaspoon dried equals 1 tablespoon fresh. Feel free to omit if you’re not a fan.
- Oil – You’ll want a nice quality olive oil. We’re looking for something with flavor and body. Feel free to substitute avocado oil if you’d prefer.
- Lemon juice – We want freshly squeezed lemon juice. The juice from about half a lemon.
- Cumin – Believe me this little spice pairs perfectly with the flavors we have going on today. It’ll feel reminiscent of guac.
- Seasoning – Salt and pepper to taste.
How To Make Avocado Tomato Salad
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, oil, seasoning, and cumin. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: Chop up your ingredients into bite sized pieces and then in a large bowl combine the jalapeno, corn, tomato, cucumber, onion, avocado, and cilantro. Toss gently with the dressing and serve ASAP.
What Else Can I Use In Avocado Tomato Salad?
I like to think my recipe is all you need, but if you’ve got stuff to use up in the pantry I won’t stop you! Here are some flavorful additions:
- Pomegranate seeds
- Chicken for a great protein addition
- Feta if you’d like to add some cheese, just be aware of the extra salt.
- Romaine lettuce
Tips For Making The Best Avocado Tomato Salad
- Wait till the last possible moment to slice up your avocado so that it doesn’t brown too much as it waits to be incorporated.
- Feel free to char the corn before incorporating to add lots of dimension. Just be sure it’s completely cooled.
- Speaking of corn, the best you’ll find for this recipe is freshly sliced right off the cob!
- Be sure to toss the salad gently so as not to mush up our lovely little avocado pieces.
- A reader once gave me this tip and she said that if you place the avocado pit in with the avocado salad, it should keep the avocados from turning brown. So give this a try, who knows, it might work!
What To Serve With Avocado Tomato Salad
I mean this dish is a meal unto itself, but if you’d like to bulk it up a bit with some protein, I won’t stop you!
- Garlic And Paprika Chicken
- Lemon Roasted Chicken Legs
- Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
- Beef Brisket Gyros
- Easy Meatballs
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Perfect Pork Tenderloin
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
Storing Leftover Avocado Tomato Salad
Believe me this salad is best eaten right away, if you wait too long then it will allow the avocado to oxidize too much resulting in a brown mushy mess. If you use enough lemon juice you may be able to prevent your avo from going brown for a day or two stored in an airtight container in the fridge but I don’t recommend freezing this dish.
Craving More Fresh Salads? Try These:
- Mexican Chicken And Rice Salad
- Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- Cowboy Caviar
- Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad
- Tex Mex Potato Salad
- Cobb Salad
Craving More? Follow Along:
Avocado Tomato Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 3 avocados ripe, cubed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 English cucumber cut in half then sliced (half moons)
- 1 cup corn kernels from 1 corn on the cob either steamed or grilled, canned corn or frozen corn works as well
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Make dressing: In a small bowl or jar whisk together all the dressing ingredients well.
- Assemble salad: In a large serving bowl, combine onion, avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, jalapeño, and cilantro. Gently toss with dressing and serve immediately.