Easy Pasta Alfredo – Creamy, comforting, absolutely delicious, and super easy. This is the best and most simple recipe for Alfredo sauce that you will find!
This is one of my absolute favorite sauces to make. Why? Well its incredibly easy, it’s so versatile, and the three main ingredients are butter, cream, and cheese. How can you go wrong with that?! While I used this sauce over pasta, you can make pizzas and flatbreads with it, or even use it as a dip. Thank you, Italy, for blessing the culinary world once again.
Now, some may argue that Alfredo sauce isn’t really Italian- it’s American. I’ll give you a quick history lesson. This sauce was born in Rome from a man named Alfredo. His sauce was a simple emulsification of butter, Parmesan cheese, and pasta. The version we know and love today includes garlic and cream for a saucier consistency. So I guess we can call this modernized sauce an Italian-American lovechild.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT ALFREDO SAUCE
- The sauce will seem thin when you start to mix in the pasta. Don’t worry, just keep tossing. The starches from the pasta will mix into the sauce to give the the perfect consistency. If you use flour or cornstarch to thicken the sauce, it may come out with a gluey consistency once it’s cooled down a bit.
- You can add a few tsp of Italian seasoning, a pinch of nutmeg or red pepper flakes to add some flare to this sauce. Feel free to get creative with seasoning.
- You can adjust the ratio of cream to milk in this recipe to suit how rich you’d like it to be.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #cravinghomecooked on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Easy Pasta Alfredo - Creamy, comforting, absolutely delicious, and super easy. This is the best and most simple recipe for Alfredo sauce that you will find!
- 8 oz pasta I used linguini
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
Pour in the milk and cream. Stir consistently to avoid burning on the bottom of the pan until the mixture comes to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium, and mix in the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasoning to your own taste.
Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the cooked pasta until the sauce begins to thicken. Garnish with parsley, and serve.
You can use a larger ratio of milk to cream if you'd like to cut down on calories.
You can use any type of pasta that you prefer.
This can be served with chicken or mushrooms to add some protein.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!