This Easy Summer Fruit Salad recipe is the best way to enjoy the warm months. Made with juicy fresh fruit and a cinnamon spiced honey-lemon dressing, you’ll want to enjoy this sweet salad every day.
This colorful salad is made with all my favorite summer fruits. This is exactly what I crave when the temperature goes up! It’s great as a refreshing snack or even as a light dessert. So what’re you waiting for? Lets dive in!
What really takes this fruit salad to the next level? The dressing, of course! Yes, fruit salad is delicious on its own, but once you take a sweet lemony bite with just a hint of cinnamon you’ll never want to go back to plain fruit salad again.
Ingredients in Summer Fruit Salad
I picked the fruits that remind me the most of my favourite summer months. Together, they made the best fruit salad I’ve every tried! Keep scrolling for the full recipe and ingredient amounts.
For the dressing:
- Honey – You can use any type of honey you have handy. Agave will also work.
- Lemon juice – This will not only give your salad a bright fresh flavor, but it will also keep the fruit fresh.
- Cinnamon – Just a dash of this awesome ingredient adds warmth to take your fruit salad to the next level.
For the salad:
- Watermelon – You can get yourself some pre-cubed melon or slice it up fresh yourself.
- Berries – I used some great seasonal strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Kiwis – This delicious and sweet treat is definitely the fruit of summer!
- Grapes – You can use any type of grape that you like. I would recommend seedless varieties.
- Mango – Make sure the mangoes are ripe enough. You should be able to squeeze them slightly.
What Else Can I Put in My Fruit Salad?
You can throw in any of your favorite fruits! Blackberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, and oranges would all be wonderful additions to this salad.
Apples, pears, bananas, and peaches would all taste great in your fruit salad but keep in mind that all these fruits oxidize (turn brown). They are best if you plan on serving your fruit salad right away. The lemon juice in the dressing will be able to keep them fresh for a few hours, but they wouldn’t be ideal if you make the salad ahead of time.
You can also add some chopped fresh mint, pomegranate seeds, or poppy seeds to add a little garnish and pop of flavor to your salad.
How to Make Summer Fruit Salad
- Prep the fruit: Slice the fruit into bite-sized pieced. Raspberries and blueberries can be left whole. Add everything to a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: Whisk the dressing ingredients until the honey has fully dissolved. Pour over the fruit, and toss well to coat.
Now you can sit back and enjoy the sunshine with a big bowl of this refreshing salad!
How to Keep Fruit Salad Fresh
The only ingredient in this salad that could oxidize are the mangoes. Everything else will stay fresh, especially with the lemon juice in the dressing. Mangoes don’t turn brown nearly as fast as apples or bananas, but you can squeeze some extra lemon juice over the top of your salad to be extra sure everything stays as fresh as possible.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have some leftovers or you make this fruit salad ahead of time, store in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last 3-4 days refrigerated. If you plan on making this recipe ahead of time, I would suggest leaving the dressing off and tossing everything together right before you serve it.
What to Serve With Fruit Salad
This salad is great served for dessert! You can serve it all on its own, or over yogurt, pudding, mousse, or custard. You can also keep it nice and simple with a dollop of whipped cream or chocolate drizzle.
Did You Love This Recipe? Try These Summery Sweets!
Craving More? Follow Along:
Easy Summer Fruit Slad
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 2 cups watermelon seedless, diced
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 kiwis chopped
- 2 cups grapes halved
- 1 mango pitted and diced
- Whisk together the honey, lemon juice and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients together then pour the dressing over the fruits. Toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes: