These Breakfast Burritos are freezer friendly and perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast. They’re loaded with diced hash brown potatoes, cheese, eggs and salsa for tons of flavor!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I’m not one to disagree. I love my breakfast and I’m not to ever skip it. As a matter of fact, I have been known to eat breakfast for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And why not?
When you have a breakfast as delicious as these breakfast burritos, one cannot go wrong. These burritos are loaded with good stuff such as hash brown potatoes, eggs, cheese and salsa. I also added some herbs to my eggs for extra flavor.
The best thing about these burritos is that they are freezer friendly. Just make them, wrap them and freeze them for up to a month. So double or triple the recipe because they are the ideal grab-and-go breakfast. If you freeze them, you can pop them in the oven straight from the freezer, or if you really want that grab-and-go breakfast, just pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes until warmed through and out the door you go.
Now you have no excuse for having a delicious breakfast and under 350 calories!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #cravinghomecooked on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 2 cups diced hash brown potatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp dill fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bell pepper chopped, (I used 1/2 red and 1/2 green)
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- Cook the hash brown potatoes according to package instructions. I cooked mine on the stove top in a skillet with a bit of oil until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, dill, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped pepper and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and cook, whisking until they begin to set. Remove from heat.
- Assemble burritos by starting to spoon some hash browns down centres of tortillas, followed for scrambled eggs, cheese and salsa. Fold burrito style. Pull the bottom half of the burrito over to meet the top half, then pull the tortilla back a bit to form the filling in a roll. Fold the left and right sides in, then tightly roll your tortilla until you have a perfect burrito.
- Grill the burritos on a grill or bake them for about 15 minutes in a 400 F degree oven until heated through. You can also use a panini maker.
- Serve immediately.