This Chicken Bacon Pasta with Tomato Sauce is delicious, saucy, cheesy, creamy and best of all it can be on your dinner table in 30 minutes!
To me, nothing is more satisfying and comforting than a bowl of cheesy, saucy pasta. This cheesy, saucy pasta is also loaded with bacon and chicken which brings the flavor profile to a whole new level of deliciousness. But hey, that’s what I’m all about, delicious, home cooked and comforting food.
This chicken bacon pasta with tomato sauce is actually a staple at my house and while hubs doesn’t really love pasta as much as I do, I know what a shame, he does love this pasta. It’s probably because of all the bacon in it. Because we know that bacon makes everything better.
This pasta dish is also great because it’s made with simple ingredients, you probably have in your pantry and fridge right now, it doesn’t call for anything weird, which is why I think this pasta is kid friendly. Bacon, pasta and cheese? I mean come on!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #cravinghomecooked on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Chicken Bacon Pasta with Tomato Sauce
- 12 oz pasta, uncooked, use pasta of your choice
- 8 oz bacon, chopped (about 8 slices)
- 8 oz chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into small pieces (1 large)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, (1 can)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 tbsp sriracha, or any other hot sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Add the bacon to a large skillet and cook on medium-high heat until it starts to render fat.
- Add the chicken, onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth and sriracha. Add the sour cream and stir. Bring to a boil then turn down the heat to a low. Stir in the pasta and the mozzarella cheese. Make sure all the pasta is covered in the cheese and sauce.
- Remove from heat, garnish with parmesan cheese and serve.