Get ready for a tasty adventure with these finger-licking good Garlic Parmesan Wings! Cooked to perfection in the air fryer, they are crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, and coated in an incredibly delicious rich and cheesy parmesan sauce that will have your taste buds dancing with delight!
Easy Garlic Parmesan Wings
This recipe is a game-changer for wing lovers! Garlic parmesan wings offer an explosion of flavor that begins with a satisfying crispy crunch as your teeth sink into perfectly air-fried chicken wings. Then the taste adventure continues with a buttery garlic parmesan sauce that is nothing short of magical!
And just like my classic air fryer chicken wings, these beauties are cooked to golden-brown perfection without the need for any added oil! That’s right! Instead, the air fryer rapidly heats the chicken and cooks it by circulating hot air with a powerful fan. This process eliminates all the mess typically associated with making homemade fried chicken.
Why You’ll Love My Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Effortlessly Simple! This is one of the easiest appetizers! With the air fryer doing most of the work, you can enjoy restaurant-quality wings without the hassle of deep frying
- Garlic Cheesy Wings! With a buttery, garlicky goodness and a cheesy twist that elevates these crispy chicken wings to a whole new level of indulgence, this recipe is comfort food at its finest.
- Crowd Favorite! These tasty garlic parmesan wings will leave everyone asking for seconds! Whether you’re hosting a game day gathering, a backyard barbecue, or a potluck, they will steal the show.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken Wings: You can use fresh or frozen chicken wings. Just make sure to thaw them out before you begin the recipe.
- Baking Powder: The secret weapon to achieve that incredible crispy texture.
- Salt and Pepper: Essential for seasoning the wings.
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Butter: Creates the foundation of the sauce. It’s important to use unsalted butter to control the saltiness of the wings.
- Garlic Powder: Adds a layer of pungent garlic flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese: Elevates the wings to a whole new cheesy level! Use freshly grated parmesan for the best results.
- Salt: A touch of salt enhances the overall flavor of the sauce.
- Fresh Parsley: Adds a pop of color and freshness to the finished dish.
- Parmesan Cheese: Used to garnish the garlic parmesan chicken wings with one last layer of cheesy goodness.
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
With this easy recipe and a trusty air fryer by your side, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a wing-making aficionado right in the comfort of your own kitchen!
Prep The Wings
Begin by patting the chicken wings dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. This seemingly small step is crucial for achieving the ultimate crispy texture. Then toss the wings together with the baking powder, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
Preheat The Air Fryer
Next, preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). But not all models require preheating, so you’ll need to check your manufacturer’s guide.
Air Fry The Wings
Now, place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Then put the basket in the air fryer and cook the chicken for 25 to 30 minutes, shaking the basket to flip the wings over halfway through the cooking time. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you might need to cook the wings in batches.
Make Garlic Parmesan Sauce
While the wings are air frying, melt the unsalted butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Then after the butter melts remove it from the heat. Now, stir in the garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and salt until fully combined.
Toss And Serve
Once done, put the cooked wings in a large bowl. Next, pour the garlic parmesan mixture over them and toss until fully coated. Now, transfer the garlic parmesan wings to a serving dish and then sprinkle them with some extra parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley to serve!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C), place the seasoned wings on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. Remember to flip the baked wings halfway through to ensure even cooking.
First, make sure to pat the wings dry with paper towels before seasoning to remove excess moisture. Also, make sure to preheat your air fryer and avoid overcrowding the cooking basket.
It serves two primary functions: moisture absorption and pH level adjustment. Baking powder draws moisture to the wing’s surface, creating a paste that dries and forms a crispy outer layer when exposed to heat. Additionally, it raises the pH level of the wing’s surface, which accelerates the Maillard reaction. This reaction is responsible for browning and creating the delectable crispy crust that makes these wings irresistible.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. Arrange the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving some space between them. Overcrowding can hinder proper air circulation and result in uneven cooking. Cook the wings in batches if necessary.
- Shake the basket. To achieve uniform crispiness, shake the air fryer basket or flip the wings halfway through the cooking time. This ensures both sides get crispy.
- Taste the sauce. When making the garlic parmesan wing sauce, taste it before adding extra salt. The parmesan cheese may add enough salt.
- Ensure the chicken is cooked. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the garlic parmesan wings reaches at least 165°F (74°C).
You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container or sealed bag. For reheating, use an air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for 5 to 7 minutes, flipping halfway, or an oven at the same temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
It’s also possible to store the garlic parmesan wings in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just let the leftover wings thaw out overnight in the fridge before reheating.
Discover More Chicken Wing Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Thai Chicken Wings
- Sticky Honey Soy Chicken Wings
- Coca Cola Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Wings
- Crispy Baked Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
Craving More? Follow Along:
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- salt to taste
- parsley freshly chopped
- extra Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels. This step is important for getting crispy wings.
- In a large bowl, toss the wings with the baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Arrange the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry the wings for about 25-30 minutes, or until they're crispy and golden brown. Make sure to shake the basket or flip the wings halfway through cooking.
- While the wings are air frying, make the Garlic Parmesan sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat then remove from heat. Stir in the garlic powder, grated Parmesan cheese, and salt.
- Once the wings are done, transfer them to a large bowl. Pour the Garlic Parmesan sauce over the wings and toss until they're all well coated.
- Sprinkle the wings with extra Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley before serving.
Tips & Notes:
- Patting the Wings Dry: Make sure to pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels before seasoning. This step is crucial for achieving crispy wings.
- Air Fryer Size: Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the wings in batches to ensure even cooking.
- Sauce Consistency: If the Garlic Parmesan sauce thickens too much, you can thin it out with a tablespoon or two of warm water or chicken broth.
- Cheese Choices: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese is recommended for a richer flavor, but pre-grated Parmesan can also be used in a pinch.
- Spiciness: Want to add a kick? Feel free to add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the sauce for some heat.