Homemade Garlic Butter made in under 5 minutes, with a handful of simple ingredients. The perfect addition to amplify your meals!
Garlic butter is one of those things that I could slather on just about anything. This recipe is not only great on bread, but it’s also a fantastic addition on seafood, chicken, steak and pizza too!
In under 5 minutes, you can have a luscious, herbaceous butter ready to amplify any dish you choose to add it to! The best part? You can make this in advance and keep it for up to a year! Keep reading to find out how.
Keep scrolling down to the printable recipe card for FULL ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page!
- Butter – Softened.
- Garlic – Fresh is best! Minced.
- Italian Seasoning – Made up of oregano, rosemary, thyme and basil. If you don’t have Italian seasoning you can use a mix of any of the above.
- Salt & Pepper – To Taste.
- Lemon Juice – I used freshly squeezed, store bought will work as well.
How to make garlic butter
- Combine Ingredients – Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined and smooth.
What else can I add to my butter?
Here are some more fun additions to include into your garlic butter mix!
- Basil or Pesto
- Parmesan Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Seasoning Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
What to serve with garlic butter
Why eat plain butter when you can have garlic butter? Make the best garlic bread, spread over a steak bites and watch as it melts to make a sauce, toss it with fresh pasta, pair it with seafood like shrimp and scallops, or use it for stir-frying meat and vegetables. Just about any use of typical butter will be enhanced with the addition of this savory flavor!
How to store homemade garlic butter
Your garlic butter can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 15 days, as long as it is kept in an airtight container or jar!
Can I make this in advance?
You can! If you are planning on using this garlic butter past the 15 day period, pop it in the freezer for future use. It will keep frozen for up to 12 months!
Did you like this homemade sauce recipe? Try these:
- Homemade Hot Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Homemade Marinara
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Homemade Mayonnaise
- Creamy Cheese Sauce
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Bechamel Sauce
- Easy Homemade Pesto
Craving More? Follow Along:
Homemade Garlic Butter
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined and smooth.
Tips & Notes:
- Your garlic butter can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 15 days, as long as it is kept in an airtight container or jar!
- If you are planning on using this garlic butter past the 15 day period, pop it in the freezer for future use. It will keep frozen for up to 12 months!