Tuna Quinoa Salad – A light and healthy meal packed with protein. Quinoa, tuna and an array of mixed veggies are tossed in a brightly flavored, simple dressing.
This tasty tuna quinoa salad recipe is a firm favorite in my household, not only because it’s incredibly easy to make, but it’s also superbly healthy! Because of the wonderful flavors and large serving of protein, this salad can easily be served as a meal in itself.
Fluffy quinoa is mixed together with canned tuna, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onions, and feta cheese, then tossed with a simple homemade dressing. This salad is packed with flavor which amplifies healthy eating to a whole new level!
Benefits of Quinoa
Quinoa, pronounced KEEN-wa, is gluten-free plant food. It is very high in protein, fiber and contains all nine essential amino acids! With a low glycemic index and high mineral content it has beneficial properties for your metabolism. Quinoa is easy to add into your meals because it has a very subtle, almost non-existent taste on its own and will take on whatever flavor it is paired with!
Keep scrolling down to the recipe card for FULL ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page!
- Olive Oil – Substitute extra virgin olive oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil or avocado oil.
- Vinegar – Red wine vinegar.
- Lemon Juice – I used freshly squeezed, feel free to use what you have.
- Garlic – Fresh is always best! Minced.
- Sugar – Granulated. Substitute with honey.
- Oregano – Dried oregano.
- Salt & Pepper – To taste.
- Quinoa – Dried (packaged)
- Tuna – Canned tuna, drained.
- Tomatoes – I used cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Cucumber – Chopped.
- Onion – Red onion, diced.
- Chickpeas – Canned, drained and rinsed.
- Cheese – Feta cheese, crumbled.
How to make tuna quinoa salad
- Cook Quinoa – Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Allow it to cool down fully in the fridge.
- Make Dressing – Whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl or mixing cup and set aside.
- Combine, Toss & Serve – Add the cooled quinoa and remaining salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Pour the prepared dressing into the bowl and toss everything well. Taste for seasoning.
How to serve
This tuna quinoa salad is the ultimate healthy meal! This salad is ideal for lunch or a light dinner.
How to store leftover quinoa salad
Store your quinoa salad covered tightly or in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Did you like this healthy recipe? Try these!
- California Quinoa Salad
- Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- Easy Lentil Soup
- Kale and Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Broccoli Salad
- Crockpot Wild Rice Quinoa and Chicken Soup
- One Pot CousCous with Shrimp and Peas
- Easy Hummus
- Greek Chicken Red Quinoa Salad
Craving More? Follow Along:
Tuna Quinoa Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil regular or extra virgin
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 3/4 cup quinoa dried
- 6 ounce tuna drained (2 cans)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 15 ounce chickpeas (1 can) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Allow it to cool down fully in the fridge.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl or mixing cup and set aside.
- Add the cooled quinoa and remaining salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Pour the prepared dressing into the bowl and toss everything well. Taste for seasoning.
Tips & Notes:
- Store your quinoa salad covered tightly or in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.