Tender strips of beef stir fried with peppers and onions with a delicious Asian style sauce. A super simple Pepper Steak dinner that can be on your dinner table in 25 minutes tops, using simple and fresh ingredients.
This is the kind of easy dinner that I’m all about! We’re talking a rainbow of bell peppers and tender pieces of beef in a delicious and yummy Asian style sauce. So much flavor and so much versatility.
Some ideas to serve this:
- In a salad, serve this over some lettuce and load it with some other veggies.
- Wrap it up in a Burrito, including the rice. You’ll love it!
- Make it a noodle stir fry and use some Asian style noodles like ramen or udon noodles.
Whichever format you choose to serve this, you will still end up with a super flavorful meal because this dish is all about the flavors, the thinly cut, quick seared pieces of steak and the rainbow of peppers.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #cravinghomecooked on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Asian Style Pepper Steak
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tbsp red wine
- 4 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh, minced or grated
- In a small bowl whisk all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Add the beef, 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp red wine to a bowl, toss everything together and let it sit for 10 minutes to marinade.
- Add the peanut oil to a wok and heat over high heat. The wok needs to be quite hot before adding the beef to it. Add the beef to the hot wok and cook for about 3 min over high heat until it's lightly charred.
- Push the beef to the side of the wok and add the onion and pepper s and cook for about 1 minute until the vegetables start to soften a bit. Add the green onions and stir everything together.
- Pour the sauce over the beef and veggies and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute until the sauce thickens a bit from the cornstarch.
- Serve over cooked rice.