This Cheesy Guacamole might be the best guacamole you’ll ever have. It’s chunky, perfect combination of flavors with some cheddar cheese thrown in, and super easy to make. It’s the perfect last-minute appetizer, ready in only 10 minutes.
Guacamole is one of those dips that’s probably the most popular dip in the world. I know at my house we make it often because everyone absolutely loves it.
This recipe is my favorite for guacamole because it has cheese in it and in my book anytime you add cheese to anything, it will be delicious. While this may not be an authentic version, and trust me I don’t claim it to be, it is my version and I absolutely love it.
The great thing about guacamole is that it’s super quick to put together and it’s the ideal appetizer to make for when you’re in a rush. In less than 10 minutes you can have a delicious dip that is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
I love to serve this with pita chips, but I even love to serve it over crostini. I basically cut up a French baguette, lightly drizzle some olive oil over the slices, then season with salt and pepper. I put them on a baking sheet and under the broiler for about a minute per side. So good. Beats tortilla chips!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #cravinghomecooked on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 3 avocados, ripe, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, or to taste
- Add the chopped avocados to a medium size bowl and drizzle the lime juice over it. Lightly mash using a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper as needed.
- Chill until ready to serve. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips or pita chips.