Avocado Toast – Fresh, ripe avocados mixed with bright lemon, spread over your favourite bread and sprinkled with salt & pepper. A simple, yet healthy dish to satisfy your cravings.
One may say it’s the simple things in life that are often the best, and this avocado toast is a prime example of that. Fresh avocado, mixed with bright lemon juice spread over your choice of bread and finished with a light sprinkling of sea salt and crushed black pepper. Simple, delicious, and not to mention – good for you!
Avocado toast contains a huge number of useful nutrients and antioxidants making this dish widely popular! It’s the ideal way to start your day or perk up your afternoons. This recipe comes complete with a list of awesome additions to spice up your avocado toast, so let’s get to it!
The benefits of avocado
Avocados have become extremely popular these days, you can find them on just about anything! It may be the fact that avocados are very rich in protein, nutrients and healthy fats! Even though they may be higher in fat and calories than a simple piece of fruit, they will also be able to keep you fuller longer, making them an ideal choice for breakfast or mid-day snacks!
Keep scrolling down to the recipe card for FULL ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page!
- Bread – Choose your favorite!
- Avocado – You want it to be ripe!
- Lemon Juice – I used freshly squeezed but store bought works as well!
- Salt & Pepper – To taste.
How to make avocado toast
- Toast the Bread – Toast your bread slices until golden.
- Prep the Avocado – Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh, then add it to a small bowl, add the lemon juice and mash it up with a fork until desired smoothness.
- Finish & Serve – Spread the avocado mash on each slice of toast, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
What can I add to my toast?
There are SO many options when it comes to what you can add to your avocado toast, the possibilities are endless! Here are a few options:
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Pickled Onions
- Olive Oil
- Cheese – Parmesan, feta or goat cheese are all great options!
- Smoked Salmon
- Balsamic Vinegar
Again, these are just suggestions! Get creative and build your avocado toast masterpiece to your liking.
How to Serve
Avocado toast is a great way to start your day off. Serve as a protein packed breakfast or as an energy boosting snack! The hardest part is choosing which kind of bread you want to serve it with! Try a nice whole wheat (for added health benefits), sourdough, or french bread! I could eat avocado toast for every meal, it’s THAT good.
Did you like this easy recipe? Try these!
- Acai Bowl
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Chia Pudding
- Avocado Chicken Croissants
- Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Easy Quiche Recipe
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Avocado and Spinach Pasta
Craving More? Follow Along:
- 2 slices bread choose your favorite
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper freshly ground
- Toast your bread slices until golden.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh, then add it to a small bowl, add the lemon juice and mash it up with a fork until desired smoothness.
- Spread half the avocado mash on each slice of toast, then sprinkle it with a bit of salt and pepper.