This Cheesy Taco Pasta is out of bounds! So delicious, so comforting, all in one pot and best of all it’s ready in 30 minutes. Better than take-out, better than any prepackaged mixes, this Cheesy Taco Pasta will surely go on your weekly meal plan!
When it comes to comfort food, pasta is right up there. At least for me. I have many recipes which I consider favorites and super comforting for me, but I have to admit that this cheesy taco pasta is right up there at the top of the list.
While I wrote the book on 30 Minute One Pot Meals, that doesn’t stop me from coming up with more delicious one pot dishes that can be done in 30 minutes or less.
Why? Because we all have crazy busy lives, so if we can save some time with cooking so we can spend with our families, then why not! At the same time, while I love take-out as much as anyone, I also don’t want to eat out all the time. Which is why these 30 minute meals are so perfect.
This cheesy taco pasta is all about comfort for me. All I need is a big bowl of this cheesy pasta and I’m a happy girl. Only a handful of ingredients are required, but the end result is incredible.
So much flavor, so cheesy, saucy, it’s just good. Sometimes words just cannot describe a feeling, which means you must try this. Trust me, if you’re a pasta lover, you will love this!
Of that I’m sure.
Here are some other delicious pasta dishes you must try:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #cravinghomecooked on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Cheesy Taco Pasta
- 1 lb ground beef extra lean
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium, or beef broth
- 8 oz pasta uncooked, such as mafalda, fusilli, rotini, penne, mini shells or elbow
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped, for garnish
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet or Dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and taco seasoning to it, stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, pasta and enchilada sauce to the pot and stir well. Bring to a boil then turn down the heat to a medium and cook for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the mozzarella cheese with the cheddar cheese and add about 2 cups of it to the skillet and stir it well. Turn off the heat and top with remaining cheese.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.