An Easy Homemade Lemon Curd recipe that’s perfect on lemon pies, pancakes or waffles, scones, on top of cakes and cookies.
When life gives you lots of lemons you make lemon curd! Have you ever made your own lemon curd? It’s so easy and it’s so great to have on hand.
It could be used on so many things, such as cookies, spread it on toast or English muffins, filling tarts, pancakes or on cakes. Possibilities are endless.
One bite is all you need to fall in love with this lemon curd. It’s so tasty, sweet, tart, refreshing and oh so lemony.
Any lemons would work here, Meyer lemons are also great because they’re a bit sweeter and they have lower acidity but regular lemons will work just as well.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #cravinghomecooked on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Easy Lemon Curd
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed, about 4 large lemons
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a small saucepan (2 qt), add all the ingredients together and whisk.
- Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until the mixture is thick enough to hold marks from the whisk. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool, stirring occasionally as it cools. Once cooked, spoon the lemon curd into sterilized jars and seal.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.