This Garlic Soy Chicken proves how a simple Asian inspired glaze can turn simple boring chicken thighs into delicious, super flavorful, tender chicken thighs that will be the star of your dinner.
I can go out on a limb and say that this is probably my favorite chicken recipe, not only because it’s super simple requiring only a handful of ingredients, but because chicken thighs are my favorite part of the chicken because of the juiciness.
So on a super hot day like today, I don’t mind turning on my cooktop and making this chicken and in 20 minutes I’m done. Because it’s hot in my kitchen. We moved to our new house and while I love everything about it, I don’t love the fact that there’s no AC yet, and even as I speak (or type) to you, there are 80 degrees in my kitchen and trust me, that’s hot.
But a girl’s got to eat and when take out or skip the dishes is no longer an option, what’s a girl to do? Yes, I’m sad to say that in my new and beautiful neighbourhood there is no skip the dishes, which makes me super sad.
But I’m a food blogger, for crying out loud. I don’t need skip the dishes. I have my skills. Cooking skills that is. Mad cooking skills.
However, no mad cooking skills required for this amazing garlic soy chicken recipe. With a handful of ingredients, ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now. If you don’t, why are you reading a food blog. Just kidding! Or am I?
Anywho, this is the best garlic soy chicken recipe, so give it a try because it only takes 20 minutes and if you come back in a couple days I’ll show you how to make that fried rice to go with it.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #cravinghomecooked on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Craving More? Follow Along:
Garlic Soy Chicken
- 1 1/2 pound chicken thighs boneless skinless (about 6 thighs)
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce low sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon dark soy sauce optional
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice ground
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pat the chicken dry and trim any fat if preferred.
- In a small bowl bowl whisk together the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, allspice, garlic and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil and sesame oil. Add the chicken to the skillet. Using a brush, brush about half the soy sauce mixture over all the chicken pieces. Cook for about 5 minutes, flip over and brush with the remaining sauce. Cook for 7 to 9 minutes, flip over and cook for an additional 2 to 4 minutes. Thighs should take a total of 14 to 18 minutes to be fully cooked.
- Remove thighs from skillet and serve.