These incredibly delicious Cinnamon Rolls can be in your hands in only 1 hour with NO KNEADING required! Topped with my fabulous cream cheese icing, these might be the best cinnamon rolls you’ll ever have!
These cinnamon rolls are SERIOUSLY the easiest, most delicious cinnamon rolls you could ever have! So here’s the thing. If you follow my other blog, Jo Cooks, you know that I’m kind of known for my cinnabon cinnamon roll recipe. And there’s a reason for that, and that reason is that those rolls are outrageous. Hundreds of people have said they’re better than the real Cinnabon rolls. I’m just saying!
They really are! But I got this crazy idea to make them in 1 hour. And as I was starting to think about how to make them in 1 hour, I realized I don’t have my Kitchen Aid Mixer because we’re moving in a month or so and most of my kitchen stuff is already packed and in storage.
Bummer! But then a lightbulb went off in my head and I thought about doing a no knead version. YES! I did the No Knead Hot Cross Buns not too long ago and they turned out incredibly soft and delicious and I thought, why not Cinnamon Rolls?
Sometimes I amaze myself, seriously. Well, it worked!
No knead works!! You seriously end up with super soft cinnamon rolls and so good. Which makes me wonder. All my life I’ve been told by my mom, mother in law, others that in order to get soft fluffy rolls or breads or whatever, you need to mix/knead until you’re blue in the face.
So all my life I’ve followed that rule. Now I wonder if I’ve been fooled, because every time I make something where no kneading is required, the end result is phenomenal!
I had to take a lot of pictures during this process because these pictures make me drool, so I apologize for that.
Come to think of it, I have some more waiting for me in the fridge, so I’m going to go help myself to a cinnamon roll! Hope you give these a try, because they’re outrageous. You’ll thank me!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #cravinghomecooked on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Craving More? Follow Along:
No Knead 1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/3 cup water warm
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast (or 1 pkg)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk lukewarm
- 1/2 cup sugar granulated
- 1/3 cup butter unsalted, melted (margarine can be used as well)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar dark, packed
- 3 tablespoon cinnamon ground
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, softened (margarine can be used as well)
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounce cream cheese at room temperature, I recommend Philadelphia
- 6 tablespoon butter unsalted, softened (margarine can be used as well)
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the water with the instant yeast and 1 tsp of sugar. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, milk, sugar and melted butter to the yeast mixture and whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl combine the flour with the salt. Pour the yeast mixture and using a wooden spoon stir until well combined. You should have a thick sticky dough, see video. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes. See notes for tips.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spray some cooking spray over the bottom, this will help the parchment paper stick to the baking pan.
- Roll the dough out onto a well floured surface, until it's approximately 16 inches long by 12 inches wide and about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar with the cinnamon.
- Spread the 1/2 cup of butter over the entire surface of the dough, then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar evenly over the surface of the dough.
- Starting at the long edge, away from you, roll the dough down to the bottom edge. Cut the dough into 2 inch slices, or use floss as seen in the video. Place the rolls into the prepared baking pan, 3 x 4.
- Let the rolls rest for another 10 minutes and you will notice they will rise until there is no more space between them.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking make, prepare the cream cheese icing. Add the cream cheese and butter to a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. If the icing is a bit too stiff add 1 tbsp of milk.
- Ice the rolls immediately when they come out of the oven with the cream cheese icing.
Leave a Review