These classic Peanut Butter Cookies are simple to make and you always end up with delicious, soft and chewy cookies. These cookies will soon become your family’s favorite go-to peanut butter cookies with this no-fail recipe.
I love a good peanut butter cookie, and I can honestly say that I’ve baked my share of cookies in my life. I’ve also made many versions of peanut butter cookies, including peanut butter cookies with bacon. I kid you not. They are probably still my favorite cookie ever, the combination of sweet and salty really does it for me.
But we’ll talk about those cookies later. For now let’s focus on this simple, no fail cookie recipe. Only a handful of ingredients, when mixed together and baked to perfection, will practically melt in your mouth.
The edges are a little crunchy and the inside of the cookies are soft and chewy just like a peanut butter cookie should be. Serve these with a glass of milk and the rest shall be history.
Do give them a try, will you? I promise you they will be delicious, SUPER quick and easy.
Craving more cookies? Try these recipes:
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Classic Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Rumballs
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Lemon Shortbread Cookies
Craving More? Follow Along:
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar granulated
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- To the bowl of your mixer, add the peanut butter, granulated sugar and sugar and beat on high speed using the paddle attachment until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg, until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the mixing bowl and beat on medium until well combined.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place balls onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Using the tines of a fork, flatten the balls by making crisscross marks on top. You should be able to fit about 18 per baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are light brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.