This unbelievably tasty Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast is nothing short of a flavor-packed sensation! Crafted with succulent chicken breasts, seasoned to perfection, and swaddled in crispy, smoky bacon, every bite is a medley of textures and tastes that will leave you craving more!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Recipe
First off, bacon! Need I say more? Bacon-wrapped anything is undeniably delicious. But when you wrap bacon around tender, seasoned chicken breasts and pop them in the oven, something magical happens. You end up with perfectly juicy chicken in a crispy blanket of smoky, salty bacon!
Better yet, this recipe is deceptively simple to make, proving once again that extraordinary flavor doesn’t always require a long list of ingredients and hours of slaving over a hot stove. In fact, this masterpiece comes together in about 45 minutes with just 8 ingredients! So, if you’re ready to elevate your dinner game, this easy bacon wrapped chicken breast recipe is your ticket to Tastyville!
Why You’ll Love This Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
- Effortless Recipe! This dish ticks all the boxes when it comes to an easy recipe! It’s simple to prepare and you only need a handful of ingredients, making it perfect for busy weeknights
- Savory Bacon! It’s a simple low-carb, keto dish that will have your taste buds dancing in delight. The contrast of juicy chicken breast and crisp bacon is the perfect combination of textures and flavors.
- Versatile Dish! Bacon wrapped chicken breast is a true culinary chameleon. Whether you serve it as a main course, slice it up for salads, or use it as a filling for sandwiches, the possibilities are endless.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken: Boneless skinless chicken breasts provide a lean and protein-packed base for this dish.
- Bacon: Provides an irresistible smoky and salty porky flavor, as well as a crispy exterior.
- Olive Oil: Adds flavor and helps the seasoning mixture adhere to the chicken.
- Seasonings: Salt and black pepper enhance the overall taste of the dish.
- Garlic Powder: Infuses the chicken with a touch of savory and aromatic flavor.
- Onion Powder: Adds more depth by adding a pinch of a mild, sweet onion flavor.
- Sweet Paprika: Provides a gentle sweet fruity flavor with a hint of spice.
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
This easy-to-follow recipe promises a gourmet experience without the fuss! It requires just a handful of simple ingredients, demands less than 10 minutes of prep time, and doesn’t call for any fancy cooking skills.
Preheat The Oven
Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). Then line a baking sheet with foil and set it aside. The foil not only makes cleanup a breeze, but it also helps the chicken and bacon to cook more evenly.
Season The Chicken
While the oven is heating up, rinse the chicken breasts under cold water. Then pat them thoroughly dry with paper towels. This simple step helps your seasonings to adhere better. Next, combine the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and sweet paprika in a small bowl. Then rub the olive oil all over the chicken breasts and generously sprinkle them with the seasoning mixture.
Wrap The Breasts In Bacon
Once seasoned, wrap each chicken breast with 2 to 3 slices of bacon. The quantity of bacon slices required may vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts and the length of the bacon strips. It’s important to ensure that the bacon covers most of the chicken for the best results.
Now, place your bacon wrapped chicken breast onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure you tuck the ends of the bacon slices under the chicken to prevent them from unwrapping as they cook.
Bake The Chicken
Your prep is complete! Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and let the chicken bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Rest And Serve
When done baking, let the chicken rest for a few minutes. This crucial step allows the juices to redistribute, ensuring each bite is juicy. Then serve your bacon wrapped chicken breast with a side of roasted broccoli and mashed potatoes if you like!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! As long as they are both fully cooked before consuming you can cook them together.
While the recipe calls for chicken breasts, you can certainly use chicken thighs if you prefer. Just keep in mind that cooking times vary, so use a meat thermometer to ensure they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
Dry chicken can result from overcooking or not using enough fat or moisture during cooking. To avoid dry chicken, make sure not to overbake it. Use a meat thermometer to monitor the internal temperature and remove it from the heat source once it reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Evenly cover in bacon. Ensure that the bacon slices cover as much of the breasts as possible. This not only enhances the flavor but also helps to keep the chicken moist.
- Secure with toothpicks. If needed, use toothpicks to secure the bacon in place. This prevents it from unraveling during cooking.
- Use a meat thermometer. Chicken is ready when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Using an instant read digital meat thermometer helps you to achieve perfectly cooked chicken.
- Let it rest. After baking, allow the bacon wrapped chicken breast to rest for a few minutes before serving. This gives the juices time to redistribute and keeps the meat juicy.
You can store leftover bacon wrapped chicken breast in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, put it on a sheet pan and pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350°F (175°C). You can also reheat it in the microwave on medium power for 3 to 4 minutes.
Discover More Chicken Recipes
- Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken And Potatoes
- Butter Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken Bites
- Creamy Herb Chicken
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Creamy Bacon Chicken
Craving More? Follow Along:
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 8-12 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Rub the olive oil over the chicken breasts, then evenly sprinkle the seasoning mixture over them.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2-3 slices of bacon. The exact number of bacon slices will depend on the size of the chicken breasts and the length of the bacon. The bacon should cover most of the chicken.
- Place the bacon-wrapped chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with foil for easy clean-up. Ensure the ends of the bacon slices are tucked under the chicken to prevent them from unwrapping while they cook.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute. Serve with roasted vegetables or side salad.
Tips & Notes:
- Ensure bacon ends are tucked well to prevent unwrapping during baking.
- Adjust bacon slices based on chicken breast size.
- For additional flavor, consider marinating chicken in your favorite sauce before wrapping in bacon.