Juicy, delicious Oven Baked Chicken Breast, perfectly seasoned with a simple spice blend! Easy and quick, these baked chicken breasts could be ready on your table in 30 minutes!
This is an easy recipe you’ll want to make over and over again because it’s just that good….
Many of us shy away from making chicken breast because we always think it’s dry and has no flavor. But if you know how to make chicken breast right, you can have juicy oven baked chicken breast. You know what else? You can have it in only 30 minutes!
Today, I’m sharing with you my best chicken creation. Simply seasoned, perfectly baked, you can’t go wrong!
Chicken breast seasoning
I like to keep my seasoning simple! I love using paprika because I find that it gives the chicken some color, especially when using boneless skinless chicken breasts. Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper are the other key ingredients I use. Of course, you could change things up a bit, but these ingredients will flavor the chicken perfectly.
Other ingredients you could use are onion powder, use different herbs such as rosemary, tarragon, sage, all which are perfect for chicken.
How long to bake chicken breast
At 425 F degrees (220C) chicken breasts will bake in about 20 to 25 minutes. Of course it depends on the thickness of your breasts, so thicker breast will take a bit longer and thinner breasts will take a bit less time. That’s why the best way to tell when your chicken is done is to use a meat thermometer. When the chicken reaches anywhere from 165 to 175 F degrees, it’s done.
Another way to ensure you chicken cooks at the same time, is to pound the chicken breasts so that they’re thinner and this way you can make them all the same thickness. You can use a rolling pin to do this or a meat mallet. If you use a meat mallet, I find it easier to place the chicken either in a plastic bag or between two pieces of parchment paper. This will ensure you don’t tear the breast and it stays intact.
Can I use thighs or drumsticks
Absolutely! Chicken thighs may take a bit longer to cook. Small thighs may take 25 minutes and larger thighs may take around 30 minutes. Again the best way to tell when they are done is to use the meat thermometer. When they reach 165 to 175 F degrees, they’re done!
How to bake chicken breast
The key to cooking the perfect chicken breast is temperature and cooking time.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees.
- After you mix all your seasonings together, toss the chicken with the oil and the seasoning.
- Grease a baking dish with a bit of olive oil then press the chicken breasts in the dish and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake the chicken breasts for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Make sure to let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
How to serve
This chicken breast is very versatile. You can shred it and use it for tacos or burritos. You can serve it along with mashed potatoes or a great salad for a super healthy meal!
The thing is the sky is the limit to how you can serve this. You can use it to make chicken salads or sandwiches. It’s such an easy recipe, I make it at least 2 or 3 times a week.
More easy ways to prepare chicken:
- Harissa Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Garlic Soy Chicken
- Creamy Parmesan Orzo with Chicken and Asparagus
- Chicken Potato Soup
- Beer Can Chicken
- Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Monterey Chicken
Craving More? Follow Along:
Baked Chicken Breast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast boneless and skinless (about 4)
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C).
- In a small bowl whisk all the dry rub ingredients together; set aside.
- Toss chicken breasts with olive oil and the dry rub.
- Place on a light greased baking dish and transfer to the oven. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes. The breast is cooked when it’s completely opaque all the way through and registers 165 to 170 F (75 C) on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Review