These scrumptious Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts are like a comforting embrace of cheesy goodness! Made with just 7 ingredients and cooked to tender perfection in the air fryer, this chicken dish is ridiculously easy to make and incredibly delicious!
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Oh, the magical duo of broccoli and cheese! It’s a flavor combo that can turn any dish from humble baked potatoes to comforting creamy soup into a taste sensation. In this recipe, I take that same yummy flavor profile and stuff some perfectly air fried chicken breasts to create a creamy, cheesy delight that is indulgent, nutritious, and low-carb.
Even better! Thanks to the magic of the air fryer, there’s no need for complex cooking techniques and you only need a handful of ingredients. This broccoli cheese stuffed chicken breasts recipe is your ticket to gourmet satisfaction without the fuss. Plus, it’s a dish that’s sure to please all ages, from the littlest of food critics to the most discerning palates.
Why You’ll Love Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Quick and Easy! By using the power of the modern air fryer, you can effortlessly achieve a restaurant-quality dish without all the complexities of traditional cooking.
- Cheesy Chicken! This dish is incredibly tasty! As you cut into the tender chicken breasts, you’ll find a hidden treasure trove of rich, melty cheese and fresh broccoli.
- Family Favorite! It’s a versatile dish that never fails to bring smiles and can be served with any side dish from mashed potatoes or steamed rice to a healthy kale salad.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken: You’ll need some boneless and skinless chicken breasts for stuffing.
- Salt and Pepper: These seasonings enhance the flavors of the overall dish.
- Broccoli Florets: You can use fresh or frozen broccoli florets.
- Cheddar Cheese: Adds some delicious gooey goodness. Feel free to use any type of shredded cheese you like.
- Cream Cheese: Provides another layer of cheese and a creamy texture.
- Garlic Powder: Gives the stuffing a little more depth in flavor.
How To Make Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This easy peasy recipe is a very similar process to my pizza stuffed chicken breast! Both dishes are foolproof and absolutely delicious!
Prep The Chicken
Use a sharp knife to slice a slit in each breast. The idea here is to make a pocket without cutting through the chicken. Then generously season both sides of your chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Make The Stuffing
Next, mix together the chopped broccoli, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. If needed, you can add a bit of salt and black pepper to season the mixture.
Stuff The Chicken
Once the stuffing is ready, fill each chicken breast with the broccoli cheese mixture. Then use some toothpicks to secure the openings. As you do this step, be careful not to overstuff the breasts so the filling doesn’t spill out during cooking.
Air Fry The Chicken
First, preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Then place the stuffed chicken breasts in a single layer inside the air fryer basket. Now, put the basket into the air fryer and cook the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
The cooking time can vary depending on the specific air fryer. It’s also important to note that if all the chicken breasts do not comfortably fit in a single layer, you should cook them in batches.
Rest And Serve
When done, let the chicken rest for a few minutes so that the juices can redistribute. Then remove the toothpicks and serve your broccoli cheese stuffed chicken breasts and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can get creative with the stuffing! Spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, or different cheeses can be excellent additions.
Absolutely! Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C), place the stuffed chicken breasts on a baking sheet, and bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Pat the chicken dry. Before seasoning use paper towels to remove any excess moisture. This helps to achieve a better sear on the chicken.
- Use breasts of a similar size. To ensure even cooking, try to select chicken breasts that are roughly the same size.
- Seal the pocket securely. Use toothpicks or kitchen twine to secure the broccoli cheese stuffed chicken breasts tightly. This prevents the filling from spilling out during cooking.
- Let the chicken rest. Don’t serve the chicken right away. Letting it sit for a few minutes gives the juices time to redistribute, ensuring a juicy and tender chicken.
- Check the doneness. Use an instant-read digital meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C).
You can store leftover broccoli cheese stuffed chicken breasts in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. If frozen, simply allow them to thaw out overnight in the fridge before reheating.
When ready to enjoy again, place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and cover them with aluminum foil. Then heat them in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat them in the microwave if you’re short on time.
Discover Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Chicken Katsu With Tonkatsu Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Szechuan Chicken
- Crockpot Crack Chicken
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
Craving More? Follow Along:
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breast boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit into the top part of each chicken breast, creating a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together the chopped broccoli, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and garlic powder. Season with a bit of salt and pepper if needed.
- Stuff each chicken breast with the broccoli cheese mixture. Be careful not to overstuff as it may spill out during cooking. Secure the openings with toothpicks. This will help keep the stuffing inside the chicken while it's cooking.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Arrange the stuffed chicken breasts in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry the chicken breasts for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. The exact cooking time might vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts and your specific air fryer.
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before removing the toothpicks and serving.
Tips & Notes:
- Chicken Selection: Opt for chicken breasts of even thickness for consistent cooking. If they are particularly thick, you might need to adjust the cooking time.
- Broccoli Prep: Make sure to finely chop the broccoli florets to ensure they cook thoroughly and blend well with the cheeses.
- Cheese Variations: Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese; a mix of cheddar and mozzarella can also be delightful.
- Overstuffing: Be mindful not to overstuff the chicken breasts; it might cause the filling to spill out during cooking.
- Resting Time: Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes after cooking; it helps the juices redistribute throughout the chicken, making it more flavorful and moist.
- Toothpick Reminder: Don’t forget to remove the toothpicks before serving.