These Beef Enchilada Stuffed Peppers are incredibly delicious, super cheesy, easy to prepare and a perfect low carb dinner that your family will love!
Who doesn’t love a good stuffed pepper? I know I do and I make them quite often. But I have to say that I’ve finally hopped on the Keto bandwagon and I’m now looking for low carb, yet still delicious dinners. And these peppers deliver on all aspects.
I’ve always talked about Mexican food being one of my favorite cuisines, in fact, in another lifetime I was probably Mexican. Enchiladas are right there at the top of my favorite foods in the world. What’s not to love about enchiladas, we’re talking lots of cheesy, saucy goodness.
When you put all that good stuff like ground beef, onions, enchilada sauce and lots of cheese into a pepper, well my job is done. Because these stuffed peppers are everything. Especially when I’m trying to follow the Keto lifestyle. I can eat as many of these without guilt.
These stuffed peppers are also super easy to prepare and would be a perfect make-ahead meal. Just cook the ground beef and stuff the peppers the night before, and when you come home from work the next day, just pop them in the oven and in a matter of minutes, dinner is served!
What’s not to love about that?
CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS DINNERS? TRY THESE:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #cravinghomecooked on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Craving More? Follow Along:
Beef Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 5 green bell peppers
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef to the skillet and brown until almost cooked through. Add the onion and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is fully cooked and the onion has softened. Stir in the enchilada sauce and cook for another 30 seconds, or until the mixture begins to bubble. Set the mixture aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees.
- Slice the tops of the bell peppers about 1/2 and inch down, or enough to keep the tops fully intact. Set the tops aside. Use your hands to remove the seeds from each pepper.
- Fill each pepper about 1/3 of the way with the meat mixture, a healthy layer of cheese, another layer of meat mixture to the top of the pepper, then a final layer of cheese. Place the tops back on each pepper.
- Place the peppers in a casserole dish and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the peppers begin to blister and darken.
Leave a Review