This is the Best and Easiest Waffle Recipe, perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch. Fluffy and delicious, crispy on the outside, yet soft on the inside, these waffles are incredible!
One of favorite things to have for breakfast are waffles. Pretty much whenever I go to a restaurant and they have waffles or Belgian waffles, I always order them. I prefer them over pancakes because of their crispy exterior, though I love pancakes too .
Waffles are great because of the many toppings you can use. However, the great thing is that you can easily make them in the comfort of your own home. All you need is a waffle maker and a handful of ingredients which you likely already have in your house. With my easy waffle recipe, you’ll end up with one delicious and impressive breakfast.
What Ingredients Are in Waffles
Waffles are really easy to make because they use ingredients that you are already likely to have in your pantry. Here are the ingredients required for this basic waffle recipe:
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
Difference Between Regular Waffles and Belgian Waffles
The main difference between regular American waffles and Belgian waffles is that the Belgian ones have deeper pockets. This makes them great for holding lots of syrup. Belgian waffles are also lighter and crispier.
You can definitely use this batter recipe for Belgian waffles as well, you’ll just need a Belgian Waffle iron. However, if you just have a regular waffle maker, no worries. These waffles are delicious regardless of which iron you use.
How to Make Waffles
Start by combining the flour with the baking powder together. In another bowl whisk all the wet ingredients together; eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla extract and butter.
Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and whisk well until well combined. This is it for your batter.
Heat your waffle maker well. Once heated add about a ladleful of the batter to the iron and close the lid. Bake for about 3 to 4 minutes, lift the lid and remove the waffle. Repeat with remaining batter.
How to Serve Waffles
My favorite way to serve them is with lots of maple syrup, loaded with fruits and lots of whipped cream. The possibilities of toppings, however, are endless. Consider the following:
- Strawberry sauce
- Apple pie filling
- Chocolate sauce
- Blueberry pie filling
- Cherry pie filling
- Lemon curd
How to Store Leftover Waffles
If you’re just storing them for a few days, you can just place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
If you want them to last longer, let them cool completely then place each waffle between parchment paper. Place the stack of waffles in freezer bags and squeeze out as much air as possible. Place them in the freezer, they can last from 3 to 4 months.
How to Reheat Waffles
There are different ways of reheating waffles. The great thing about them is that you do not need to thaw them out. Simply take them out of your freezer and use one of the following methods for reheating:
- If your waffles can fit in your toaster, use the toaster to toast them. They will be nice and crispy.
- You can microwave them for about a minute until they’re heated through.
- My favorite way is to use the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the waffles on the baking sheet. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through. This method will also ensure they will turn out crispy.
Try These Breakfast and/or Brunch Recipes
Craving More? Follow Along:
Easy Waffle Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 lb butter (2 sticks) unsalted, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- Close the waffle maker and heat it up well.
- In a bowl whisk the flour with the baking powder.
- In another bowl, add the eggs and whisk them with sugar, butter and milk. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk.
- Pour about 3 tbsp of batter into the middle of the waffle maker and close. Bake each waffle for about 3 minutes until it becomes golden-brown.
- Place the baked waffles on a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup, fruit, whipped cream or Nutella.