Learn How To Make Whipped Cream with this simple recipe that gives you a classic dessert topping with only 3 ingredients. Perfect for desserts, fruit or hot drinks.
After all these years of buying frozen whipped topping like cool whip or dozens of cans of store bought whipped cream, containing whatever additives they have in them, I can say with assurance that homemade whipped cream surpasses both in flavor and quality.
With its light and billowy texture, this dessert topping is perfect for pies, cakes, waffles, cupcakes, cheesecake, trifles, and so much more. The list could go on for days! This easy recipe requires only 3 simple ingredients and will produce the most luscious and creamy homemade whipped topping you’ve ever had!
- Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
How to make whipped cream
- Whip Ingredients – Add all the ingredients to a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on high until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
- The Obvious – Lick the bowl.
How to serve
Whipped cream is the ideal topping for a wide variety of desserts and beverages such as pies, cakes, trifles, fruit, lattes and of course, hot chocolate. Use your homemade magic in some of these recipes:
- Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake – swap out the cream cheese icing!
- Serve it on top of a homemade Vanilla Pudding!
- Use it in this Avocado Chocolate Mousse recipe
- Layer it in this Angel Berry Trifle
- Put a dollop atop a Fruit Salad
- In this Not Yo Mamas Banana Pudding
- Use as a topping for Waffles or Pancakes
- Make Strawberry Shortcakes!
However you choose to serve it, you’re bound to lick the spoon!
How to store leftover whipped cream
Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 10 hours. Rewisk before using.
More ideas to make with your new recipe!
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Roll Ups
- Classic Pumpkin Pie
- Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle
- Poke Cake
- Tiramisu Tres Leches Cake
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Homemade Nutella Frappuccino
Craving More? Follow Along:
How To Make Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Whip on high until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
Tips & Notes:
- Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 10 hours. Rewisk before using.