This Irish Coffee is a traditional cocktail made with Irish whiskey, and sweetened coffee, topped with smooth whipped cream. The perfect after dinner drink for coffee lovers.
Treat yourself to an evening alone or indulge your guests at the end of a dinner party with this classic Irish coffee recipe. Made with smooth Irish whiskey, luscious whipped cream and piping hot coffee, it’s a decadent finale to any meal.
This cocktail has a deep, rich flavor from the coffee, a slight sweetness from the sugar, and is rounded out by the whipped cream. More than just a spiked coffee drink, it’s the ultimate cocktail to indulge in for coffee lovers.
Keep scrolling down to the recipe card for a list of FULL ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page!
- Coffee – Fresh brewed and hot!
- Sugar – Plain ol’ granulated sugar.
- Irish Whiskey – Use your favourite!
How to make Irish coffee
- Stir Ingredients – Fill a mug with coffee, stir in the sugar and whiskey.
- Add Whipped Cream and Serve – Top with whipped cream and serve hot.
How to serve Irish coffee
To make it a true Irish coffee, make sure to put a big dollop of whipped cream on top! This coffee is best served after dinner as a sweet treat to end your evening or as a kickstarter on a cold day to warm you from the inside out.
Did you like this recipe? Try these!
- Banana Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Coffee Cakes
- Coffee Cake Bread
- Hot Mulled Cider
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Irish Soda Bread
- Apple Coffee Cake Muffins
- Oven Baked Beef Brisket
- Manhattan Drink
Craving More? Follow Along:
- 6 ounce brewed coffee fresh and hot
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 ounce Irish Whiskey
- whipped cream
- Fill a mug with coffee. Stir in sugar and whiskey, until sugar is dissolved.
- Top with whipped cream and serve while hot.