An easy Pancake Mix Recipe that will produce perfect, fluffy pancakes every single time. Better than any store bought mix, this recipe is ready in mere minutes and can be made months in advance.
Making fluffy, voluptuous pancakes are just a scoop away with this easy pancake mix recipe! I will admit, I am pancake obsessed. There is nothing like the smell of freshly made pancakes wafting through the kitchen on a beautiful, sunny day. That’s where this recipe comes in – skip all the work in the mornings with this pre-made pancake mix.
Better than any store bought mix, this recipe will help you achieve perfect pancakes, every single time. No muss, no fuss – it’s already pre-mixed, all you need to do is add the wet ingredients and you are good to go! Cuts prep work in half and the best part? It can be stored for up to 3 months.
All you need are 5 ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! Keep scrolling to the printable recipe card for FULL ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page!
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
How to make pancake mix
Simple prep to get perfect pancakes at the drop of a dime.
- Combine Ingredients – Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
How to make pancakes
- Add all the pancake mix to a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add 2 cups milk, 1 egg and 1/3 cups melted butter. Whisk until most of the big lumps are gone, but do not over mix.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat. Brush with a little bit of butter, about 1/2 tsp, or swirl it around to evenly coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the middle of the skillet. Use a ice cream scoop or a smaller ladle. Spread the batter around a bit to make sure it forms a circle. Cook for about 30 seconds or until bubbles start to form, then flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm while repeating with remaining batter, until done.
How to serve
Now, there isn’t a lot you can add to this mix if you want it to keep for the time suggested (3months) BUT there are tons of options to add to your batter! Fruits, chocolate chips or nuts are what I like to add into my pancakes. For more of a maple flavor – add a splash of maple syrup to the pancake batter, for a sweet-and-spicy touch – sprinkle some vanilla and cinnamon into the batter!
Here are some additions to amplify the flavor of your pancakes!
- Easy Lemon Curd
- Ricotta Cheese
- Nuts such as walnuts, pecans, or almonds.
- Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream
- Fruits such as blueberries, banana, strawberry, raspberry, peaches or apples
- Homemade Apple Butter
How to store
Store in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months. Take out mix when needed and make pancakes as desired.
More delicious recipes to try:
- Classic Pancakes
- Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Jalapeno Popper Pancakes
- Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- Easy Waffle Recipe
- Dutch Baby Pancake
- Pancake Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes with Fresh Cherry Sauce
- Corn and Chive Pancakes with Bacon and Eggs
Craving More? Follow Along:
Pancake Mix Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and store in an airtight container up to 3 months.
Tips & Notes:
- Recipe will yield 2 1/4 cups of pancake mix.
- Store in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months. Take out mix when needed and make pancakes as desired.