This incredible Baked Honey Mustard Chicken is insanely delicious! Sweet, sticky and packed with so much flavor, then baked to perfection! This will be your new favorite way to eat chicken!
The Best Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
I’m so excited to share with you this perfect, effortless, crazy delicious chicken! I really do mean effortless with out of bounds flavors! This chicken recipe will become your favorite and you’ll want to make it over and over again. I’m talking sweet and sticky, finger licking delicious chicken!
It’s all about the flavor combination in this recipe. And when you combine a handful of great ingredients that go together like peanut butter and jelly, well you simply have to try it to see what I’m talking about!
Ingredients You’ll Need
When I say you only need a few ingredients for this recipe, I really mean it. But when combined together, magic happens. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Grainy Mustard – a must
- Regular Mustard
- Soy Sauce
- Chicken Drumsticks
How To Make Honey Mustard Chicken
First, preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
Next prepare your sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Place the chicken drumsticks in a casserole dish or baking dish and pour all the sauce over the chicken. There will be lots of sauce, so make sure to spoon some of that sauce over the entire surface of the chicken.
Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes take the baking dish out, flip the chicken over and spoon some of the juice from the pan over all the chicken. Transfer the baking dish back into the oven and bake for another 30 minutes. Spoon some more juices over the chicken and bake for another 10 minutes until golden and sticky.
Remove from the oven and garnish with some chopped green onions or parsley. Serve the drumsticks with all that leftover sauce.
How Do You Know When Chicken Is Cooked Through?
At 350 F degrees (175C) chicken drumsticks will bake in about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. The best way to tell when your chicken is done is to use a meat thermometer. When the chicken reaches anywhere from 165 to 175 F degrees, it’s done.
Can You Use Chicken Breast Or Chicken Thighs?
Absolutely! Chicken breast will take about 35 minutes until it’s done but the timing can also depend on the thickness of the chicken breast. Chicken thighs will also take about 35 to 40 minutes. However the best way to tell is to use a meat thermometer as stated above.
How To Serve
I love to serve this chicken over cooked rice like Basmati or Jasmine Rice. Here are some other sides it’s great with:
Store leftover chicken drumsticks in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Can You Freeze This?
Absolutely! Freeze this stored in airtight containers for up to 3 months!
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
Here’s why you should give this terrific chicken recipe a try:
- 5 Minute Prep Time
- 0 Minutes Marinating Time
- Sweet, sticky finger licking delicious chicken
Other Delicious Chicken Recipes To Try
- Chicken Parmesan
- Harissa Roasted Chicken
- Garlic Soy Chicken
- Baked Chicken Breast
- Creamy Parmesan Orzo with Chicken and Asparagus
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Crispy Honey Chili Chicken
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken With Potatoes
- Creamy Mustard Chicken
Craving More? Follow Along:
Honey Mustard Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 chicken legs
- ¼ cup butter melted, unsalted
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together. Pour over chicken drumsticks and toss.
- Transfer the chicken drumsticks to a baking dish and pour all the sauce over the drumsticks.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn drumsticks on the other side, spoon some of the sauce over the drumsticks and place back in the oven.
- Bake for another 30 minutes, and spoon some more juice over the drumsticks. Bake for another 10 minutes until golden and sticky.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with green onions or parsley if preferred, then serve.
Tips & Notes:
- Store leftover chicken drumsticks in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Freeze this stored in airtight containers for up to 3 months!