These thick, juicy, tender Pork Chops are seasoned to perfection then baked in the oven together with potatoes to create a simple but delicious dinner!
Hey guys! I have a super easy and delicious dinner for you today! These pork chops with potatoes are one of our family’s favorite Sunday suppers! I specifically love them because they literally take less then 10 minutes to prepare, that includes peeling potatoes and cutting them all up, pop them in the oven and 30 minutes you’ve got the best dinner ever!
I love pork chops because they are leaner than other cuts of pork. Plus they are super versatile! They’re perfect for roasting, frying, or stuffing! Yes! Have you ever had a stuffed pork chop? Well you should, they’re incredible! These chops are so tasty, and they’re quick and easy to cook. This makes them a great choice for weeknights, or for anytime, really.
EASY INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THESE PORK CHOPS
- Potatoes Yukon gold
- Olive oil
- Pork chops bone-in OR boneless
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
WHAT IS THE IDEAL INTERNAL TEMPERATURE FOR PORK CHOPS
Way back when, safe temperature guideline for pork used to be 160 F degrees. As we all know, this resulted in tough and dry chops. It really was like eating shoe leather!
Well now we know better and the guidelines have changed. However we cook them, whether it’s grilling, sautéing, roasting or broiling, the rule is now to cook them to an internal temperature of 145 F degrees! This way we end up with juicy, tender pork chops every single time.
HOW TO MAKE PORK CHOPS
A good pork chop doesn’t require much in the way of seasoning so I’ve kept things super simple in this recipe. It doesn’t get much easier than this!
Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper, to save you the trouble of scrubbing later on.
In a large bowl, coat the potatoes in the oil, salt and pepper, then spread them onto half the sheet pan.
Season the pork chops with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning and some salt and pepper. Transfer the chops to the other half of the sheet pan.
Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 F degrees and the potatoes are fork tender.
Let the chops rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into them.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PORK CHOPS
These pork chops already come with roasted potatoes! There you have it — the perfect pork chops for an easy weeknight dinner!
Otherwise, pork chops pair perfectly with almost any veggie, a simple salad, mashed potatoes or grains like pasta, rice or quinoa.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS PORK CHOPS
Like most cooked leftovers, leftover pork chops can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
CAN YOU FREEZE PORK CHOPS?
If you’d like to freeze your leftovers, wrap each chop individually in plastic wrap, place in an airtight container and freeze for 2 or 3 months. To reheat, thaw and reheat either in the oven or microwave.
TRY THESE OTHER EASY GREAT RECIPES:
Easy Oven Baked Pork Chops
- 2 lbs potatoes, such as Yukon gold, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork chops, bone-in, about 1 inch in thickness
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven and prepare baking sheet: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Prepare potatoes: In a large bowl, coat the potatoes in the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and spread onto half the sheet pan.
- Prepare pork chops: Season the pork chops with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning and some salt and pepper. Transfer the chops to the other half of the sheet pan.
- Bake: Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 F degrees and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Let the chops rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into them.