Grab your blender and get ready to blend your way into morning bliss with this healthy and delicious Breakfast Smoothie! Made with ripe bananas, frozen berries, creamy Greek yogurt, and a splash of almond milk, this smoothie is bursting with fresh fruity flavor. It’s the perfect quick and easy way to provide a nourishing kickstart to your day!
Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
This flavorful and refreshing breakfast smoothie is a nutrient-packed way to start your busy mornings off on the right foot! It’s a fresh and tasty concoction of ripe bananas, sweet berries, creamy Greek yogurt, and a splash of almond milk that comes together to create the perfect fusion of creamy fruity flavor. Loaded with essential nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants, this healthy smoothie is sure to quickly become your favorite on-the-go breakfast!
Yet, the beauty of this breakfast smoothie recipe doesn’t stop there! Just like my Acai Smoothie, it’s incredibly versatile and easy to customize! You can easily sneak in some baby spinach or kale to make the smoothie green and add an extra boost of vitamins and minerals. And if you’re looking to add a little extra muscle-building power to your mornings, mix in a little nut butter or a scoop of your favorite protein powder. So grab your trusty blender, the possibilities are endless!
Why You’ll Love This Breakfast Smoothie
- Busy Morning Breakfast! This fruit smoothie is quick, convenient, and kid-friendly! With just a few simple ingredients and a blender, you can whip together a filling and delicious drinkable breakfast in 5 minutes!
- Creamy Fruity Flavor! Made with the perfect combination of banana, berries, almond milk, tangy Greek yogurt, and just a touch of honey, this breakfast smoothie is a refreshing and creamy fruity delight!
- Versatile Healthy Recipe! Packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, this smoothie is a nutritional powerhouse and super simple to customize! You can even use this recipe to make a vegan breakfast smoothie!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Banana – You’ll need a ripe banana, which adds some natural sweetness and adds to the creaminess of the smoothie.
- Mixed Berries – I used a mixture of frozen blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries to add delightful fruity flavor. Fresh berries are another option if you like.
- Almond Milk (Unsweetened) – I choose a dairy-free option to thin out the smoothie. Feel free to use regular milk, coconut milk, soy milk, rice milk, or even other liquids like orange juice or coconut water.
- Greek Yogurt – Gives it a super creamy texture! Be sure to use plain yogurt which doesn’t have any added sugar or flavoring. Use coconut yogurt to make the recipe plant-based.
- Honey – Adds just a touch of sweetness. Agave and maple syrup are other good choices.
- Vanilla Extract – Just a dash elevates all the fruity flavors and melds them with the yogurt.
How To Make A Breakfast Smoothie
This recipe is a cinch! Just gather all the ingredients, pop them into the blender, and voila! You have a yummy and healthy breakfast ready to go!
Make The Smoothie
To begin, grab your blender! Next, add the banana, frozen berries, unsweetened almond milk,
plain Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract. But make sure to slice your banana before tossing it in, which helps to speed up the blending time.
Next, turn on the blender and puree the mixture together. You’ll most likely need to pause the blender a few times and use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides. After you’re done blending your smoothie it should be a smooth and creamy consistency.
Serve And Enjoy
Now, pour the breakfast smoothie into your favorite glass or travel cup and serve it immediately to enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Feel free to be as creative as you like! Some great options are leafy greens, avocado, other fruits like mango, protein powder, and nut butters like peanut butter or almond butter. You can also sprinkle in seeds like chia or flax seeds for a boost of fiber and texture. Just keep in mind you may need to adjust the amounts to achieve your desired consistency.
Yes! While a blender is the most convenient choice, you can also use a food processor or an immersion blender. It will just take a little longer to blend the smoothie.
Yes! Just use agave in place of the honey and a plant-based yogurt to make the recipe.
Yes! Yet, adding ice can water the smoothie down and dilute the taste. So just be mindful of how much you add.
- Use frozen berries. Fresh berries work, but frozen berries help to keep the smoothie cold and creamy by eliminating the need to add ice, which can dilute the smoothie.
- Adjust the consistency. To make a thicker smoothie or smoothie bowl just add less almond milk. To make it thinner just add more.
- Add toppings and texture. Sprinkle some granola, toasted oats, chia seeds, or toasted coconut flakes on top of your breakfast smoothie for added texture and another layer of flavor.
- Make smoothie popsicles. Pour any leftover smoothie into popsicle molds to make a nutritious tasty snack for the next day.
Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for about 24 hours. It’s also possible to store the smoothie in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
Discover Other Drinks
- Strawberry Milkshake
- Chocolate Smoothie
- The Perfect Lemonade
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Easy Milkshake
- Strawberry Lemonade
Craving More? Follow Along:
- 1 banana ripe, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup almond milk unsweetened
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender, combine the sliced banana, frozen mixed berries, unsweetened almond milk, plain Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Pour the breakfast smoothie into a glass and serve immediately.
Tips & Notes:
- Smoothie Consistency: For a thinner smoothie, add a bit more almond milk. If you prefer a thicker smoothie, add a few more frozen berries or a chunk of frozen banana.
- Sweetness: Adjust the honey to your liking. The sweetness can also depend on the ripeness of your banana and the type of berries used.
- Yogurt Substitute: If you prefer a non-dairy option, you can substitute the Greek yogurt with a plant-based yogurt.
- Adding Protein: To make this smoothie a complete meal, consider adding a scoop of your favorite protein powder or a tablespoon of nut butter.
- Fresh Vs. Frozen Fruit: Frozen fruits are great for making a thick and icy cold smoothie. However, you can use fresh fruit, but you may want to add a few ice cubes for a chilled effect.