Strawberry Banana Smoothie – A simple recipe showing you how to achieve the perfect smoothie! Sweet and creamy, with fresh strawberry banana flavor, it’s an ideal way to start your day.
This easy strawberry banana smoothie is made with just 4 ingredients! It’s cool, creamy and refreshing, not to mention, extremely versatile! You can make it your own by using your preference of milk and additions!
Making this strawberry banana smoothie is as simple as placing all of the ingredients in your blender and blending until smooth. You can enjoy it for a snack or for breakfast, to make your morning even more enjoyable! When you’re craving a sweet frozen treat, this healthy strawberry banana smoothie is the perfect choice!
What are the benefits of a strawberry banana smoothie?
Strawberries are rich in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants! They are actually one of the most antioxidant-rich fruits out there. One serving of strawberries contains more vitamin C than an orange – incredible!
Bananas are often used in smoothies because they help to thicken it and give it a super creamy texture! They are an excellent source of fiber, potassium and magnesium. Your body will digest the sugars in a banana a lot slower than refined sugars, meaning you won’t get a sugar crash, bonus! Bananas are naturally sweet so they are a healthy way to satisfy your cravings for sugar.
Keep scrolling down to the recipe card for FULL ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page!
- Strawberries – Fresh or frozen will work!
- Banana – Peeled and quartered!
- Milk – Use any type of milk you like, whether it’s dairy or non dairy!
- Ice – What’s a smoothie without ice?
How to make
- Blend Ingredients – Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. *If the smoothie is too thick add more milk until desired consistency is achieved.
What else can I add to my smoothie?
If you want to add some more goodness to this simple recipe, be my guest!
Here are some options to amp up this smoothie even more:
- Honey – Adds sweetness
- Chia Seeds or Flax Seeds – Adds health benefits
- Peanut Butter – Adds protein
- Hemp Hearts – Adds health benefits
- Greek Yogurt – Adds protein
- Orange Juice – Adds flavor
- Almond Butter – Adds protein
Did you like this recipe? Try these!
- Acai Bowl
- Mango Strawberry Spinach Smoothie
- Chia Pudding
- Mango Lassi
- Easy Summer Fruit Salad
- Mango Lemonade
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Roll Ups
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen, halved
- 1 medium banana, peeled, quartered
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ice
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick add more milk until desired consistency is achieved.