This delicious Chocolate Smoothie is a healthier alternative to a chocolate milkshake and is made with simple ingredients you will already have in your kitchen!
This chocolate smoothie is the perfect treat if you’ve got a hankering for a creamy milkshake, but don’t want all the excess calories of ice cream! This smoothie is super simple to whip up; a chocolatey delight made with kitchen staple ingredients.
Smoothies are an excellent way to start your day or subside a mid day craving, and what’s better than chocolate? I am a HUGE milkshake lover, but not a fan of the nutritional content, which is why this smoothie is the perfect healthy alternative to my favourite creamy treat.
Keep scrolling down to the printable recipe card for FULL ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page!
- Milk – I used Almond milk, unsweetened – Any type of milk will work, dairy or non dairy! Almond milk is just a healthier alternative.
- Bananas – Frozen bananas.
- Almond Butter – Peanut butter will work as well!
- Honey – Can be substituted with agave.
- Cocoa – For that decadent chocolate taste.
- *Optional – Hemp hearts or flaxseed
How to make a chocolate smoothie
Just blend it up!
- Blend Ingredients – Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth with no lumps. Pour and serve
What else can I add to my chocolate smoothie?
You can really make this smoothie your own by adding different ingredients and toppings to your liking! Here are some examples:
- Cocoa Nibs
- Raspberries or Strawberries
- Coconut Flakes
- Greek Yogurt
- Protein Powder
- Blueberries or Blackberries
- Coconut Milk
How to serve
This recipe will give you enough smoothie for two servings, so choose your favourite glasses, pour and serve!
Did you like this recipe? Try these!
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Acai Bowl
- Mango Strawberry Spinach Smoothie
- Easy Milkshake
- Mango Lassi
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Chia Pudding
Craving More? Follow Along:
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts or flaxseed, optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend for 30 seconds to one minute until all completely smooth with no lumps. Pour into two glasses and serve.