This delicious Chocolate Smoothie is a healthier alternative to a chocolate milkshake and is made with simple ingredients you will already have in your kitchen!
The Best Chocolate Smoothie
This chocolate smoothie is the perfect treat if you’ve got a hankering for a creamy milkshake, but don’t want all the excess calories of ice cream! This smoothie is super simple to whip up; a chocolatey delight made with kitchen staple ingredients.
Smoothies are an excellent way to start your day or subside a mid day craving, and what’s better than chocolate? I am a HUGE milkshake lover, but not a fan of the nutritional content, which is why this smoothie is the perfect healthy alternative to my favourite creamy treat.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Milk – I used Almond milk, unsweetened – Any type of milk will work, dairy or non dairy! Almond milk is just a healthier alternative.
- Bananas – Frozen bananas.
- Almond Butter – Peanut butter will work as well!
- Honey – Can be substituted with agave.
- Cocoa – For that decadent chocolate taste.
- *Optional – Hemp hearts or flaxseed
How to make a chocolate smoothie
Just blend it up!
- Blend Ingredients – Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth with no lumps. Pour and serve
What else can I add to my chocolate smoothie?
You can really make this smoothie your own by adding different ingredients and toppings to your liking! Here are some examples:
- Cocoa Nibs
- Raspberries or Strawberries
- Coconut Flakes
- Greek Yogurt
- Protein Powder
- Blueberries or Blackberries
- Coconut Milk
How to serve
This recipe will give you enough smoothie for two servings, so choose your favourite glasses, pour and serve!
Did you like this recipe? Try these!
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Acai Bowl
- Easy Milkshake
- Mango Lassi
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Chia Pudding
- Acai Smoothie
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Milkshake
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Candy
- Breakfast Smoothie
Craving More? Follow Along:
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3-4 tablespoon cocoa
- ½ cup ice
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts or flaxseed, optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend for 30 seconds to one minute until all completely smooth with no lumps. Pour into two glasses and serve.