Super Easy Taco Dip – Transforming the traditional Mexican staple into a creamy, cheesy, taco-esque dip! With a handful of fresh, easy to find ingredients this dip is the perfect appetizer for parties and game days alike!
This super easy taco dip requires zero cooking! It’s as easy as mix, top, and serve. This recipe starts off with a creamy, dreamy layer of cream cheese and sour cream – flavored with my homemade taco seasoning, topped off with simple, classic staple toppings — lettuce, tomatoes, olives and cheese.
I love creating new ways to enjoy my favourite dishes and this dip has to be one of my favourites! What’s not to like about a taco in dip form? It’s the ideal appetizer and is perfect for any crowd – whether it’s a party, game day, or just a fun night in!
Keep scrolling down to the printable recipe card for FULL ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page!
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning – You can make your own using my taco seasoning recipe! Store bought will work as well.
- Lettuce – I used iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Cheese – I used cheddar cheese, shredded – feel free to use your preference of cheese!
- Tomato – Large tomato, diced.
- Olives – Black olives, sliced.
- Onion – I used green onions, chopped! Use your preference.
How to make taco dip
- Combine Ingredients – Add all the taco dip ingredients to a bowl and mix together using a spatula until well combined.
- Add Toppings – Spread this mixture to a serving bowl or a round serving dish then top with the lettuce, cheese, tomato, olives and green onions.
- Serve – Serve with tortilla chips.
What else can I add to my dip?
When it comes to this dip, the toppings and ingredients can be customizable to your liking! Think of what you’d want in a taco and transform that into dip form!
Here are some additional ingredients you can include as toppings or add ins to your taco dip!
- Refried Beans
- Jalapeno Jack Cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Banana Peppers
- Mexican Rice
- Sliced White Onion
- Queso Blanco
- Queso Fresco / Cotija (Mexican Cheese)
- Cowboy Caviar
- Protein – Ground Beef, Pulled Chicken or Pork
- Chipotle Sauce
- Mango Salsa
How to serve taco dip
This taco dip is perfect to serve at parties, gatherings, game days or when you just have a hankering for a fun and different appy! Serve with tortilla chips, crusty bread or your choice of vessel and enjoy!
Can I make this in advance?
You can make this dish the night before for an easy, ready to serve appetizer! This is especially convenient when hosting a game day or party to save you some prep time!
How to store leftover dip
Store leftover dip tightly covered in your fridge for 2-3 days.
Looking for more dip recipes? Try these!
- Best Ever Spinach Dip
- Bacon Corn Dip
- Lasagna Dip
- Shrimp Ceviche
- Eggplant Dip
- Spicy Cheesy Corn and Tomato Dip
- Easy Hummus
- Baja Spinach Dip
- Chili Con Queso
- Skillet Pizza Dip
Super Easy Taco Dip
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Add all the taco dip ingredients to a bowl and mix together using a spatula until well combined.
- Spread this mixture to a serving bowl or a round serving dish then top with the lettuce, cheese, tomato, olives and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Store leftover dip tightly covered in your fridge for 2-3 days.